mugenmine: (Default)
[personal profile] mugenmine


3:50AM Day 10
Total 4934

Okay when I thought I was going to do 8 pages a day of edits, I didn't expect to hit pages 8-11. As you can see by the scribble, changes were made. The all scribbled page is the re-writing of a paragraph on page nine that I had to flip to get John on the all receiving end. I'm trying to be more strict about my receiving action. I've been a bit lazy, and this story I will try to make it uber close 3rd John with him on the receiving of all of the action. It might suck, I'll see after the first edit and change accordingly. I think I might have gone a bit crazy with this edit.

I don't know why I'm being such a stickler for this, but I feel like I'm kind of cheating if I don't and I like to impose new and insane challenges onto each of my stories. Bespoke was about taking a very difficult draft that I was kind of meh about and beating it into something I really liked. (flaws and all) Boot was about finishing a second story and Frustration was pure blarghy fun with no expectations. Probably the most enjoyable to produce of the lot... 3:50. superclose 3rd. Number 5 will definitely be a study of Sherlock through John's eyes, but that won't come for awhile. I see you novel... glaring at me with your glary eyes...

So it will be interesting to see what the first draft ends up like. Really I have no idea. I did however get the pivotal mindset switching moment drafted in, so tomorrow it will be the meat of the matter.  Let's hope it goes smoother. I need to veg out and watch some TV. 


crappy edits


Date: 2012-09-18 04:43 pm (UTC)
percygranger: (Default)
From: [personal profile] percygranger
Posting your writing so soon? :) Granted, I can only read the lines at the very bottom, but wow.

It's funny how everyone has their own process. Apparently you print things off to edit them? I've tried that. It even worked one time, but it's all computer-based for me now.

I still prefer paper for lists and diary entries, though...

Also, super close 3rd person is really fun to read, so I'm looking forward to that. It's a bit more difficult to write...but nothing impossible. :)

Date: 2012-09-18 05:15 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] alasse-mirimiel.livejournal.com
Do you know how much I'm looking forward to seeing the final product? XD

Date: 2012-09-18 08:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mugenmine.livejournal.com
Yeah, the ole print and scribble has worked well for me. At least through the first round, well no that's not true, I think I printed out drafts until the very end. Something about taking a pile of paper and sitting someplace else and reading it kind of helps me center and rework. For me if it's just on the screen I tend to miss things...

Yep, nothing's impossible. About to take my draft and go write on the roof of a friends house overlooking Lake Union... Not a bad writing space!

:-)

Date: 2012-09-18 08:38 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mugenmine.livejournal.com
Me too!!! :-) At this point it still feels so very up in the air but I hope it will come together soon. Hopefully today's editing will prove fruitful! :-D

xoxox

MM

Date: 2012-09-18 10:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pennypaperbrain.livejournal.com
I want to see Sherlock character-studied by John!

Date: 2012-09-19 03:15 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mugenmine.livejournal.com
Me too! I've been thinking about this since about... April? But I'm slowly getting through the order of the stories... I think it will be very interesting and enjoyable to write, I've yet to pull the focus on Sherlock in these stories so far.

Profile

mugenmine: (Default)
mugenmine

August 2021

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
222324 2526 2728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 3rd, 2026 03:51 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios