mugenmine: (John Watson)
[personal profile] mugenmine

I seem to have caught the meme that’s been going around. It’s virulent! I’ve been wanting to do a meme since the “talk about your top 10 stories” one went about earlier this year, but as I only have 4 stories I assumed I’d have to wait until 2014 until I finally wrote that much. But this one I can do! :-D

Total number of completed stories:  5. 4 posted, one trunked.

Total word count: bout 90K! I had assumed only 35K as that was what I posted to AO3, but after adding up everything that didn’t make it out there the total was much greater. Yikes.

Overall Thoughts

Looking back, did you write more fic than you thought you would this year, less, or about what you’d predicted?

As I expected to write NO fiction in 2012, I’d have to say more.

What’s your own favorite story of the year?

Bespoke.

What’s your least favorite story of the year?

Besides the one I trunked, I guess  A Study in Frustration. I like it for what it is and it was my first story I felt okay enough to post, but it wasn’t really supposed to be the start of the series. I think I should have just kept it as a standalone.

Did you take any writing risks this year?

Posting something I wrote, and then doing it again. I’ve never done that before. Usually when a story is done it just goes into a folder on the computer. Then I eventually lose the file.

Do you have any fanfic or profic goals for the New Year?

For fanfic, I’d like to finish the  NewSub!John Headspace. I have a novel length final story that I really want to attempt. For profic, I’d like to submit two short stories to pro-paying markets, and make some headway on a draft of something longer.

Best & Worst Of

My best story of this year:

Maybe  Bespoke? I just really wanted to write about Tokyo and attempt some OC(ish) characters. I think it turned out okay.

My most popular story of this year:

Maybe  A Study in Frustration?  They all do about the same, just some are older than others. One doesn’t really stand out above the rest.

Story of mine most under-appreciated by the universe, in my opinion:

Bespoke? I think stories just do what they do.  I don’t think of them as under-appreciated.

Most fun story to write:

A Study in Frustration. I had no expectations, no preconceived notions. I just woke up with the scenario in my head and had a lot of fun writing it.

Story with the single sexiest moment:

Maybe  Bespoke?  There’s one part I like:

“You see, that sound right there is perfect,” Sherlock said. “Almost at your wits’ end. Even without words you communicate eloquently. I know almost all of your sounds. There are about five that you make when you want more, and a particularly desperate whimper that you do when I’m not giving you enough. There’s a sharp sound that starts in the back of your throat when you’re just fed up with me. Then your eyes come into play as well and it becomes quite exquisite. But I think my favourite sound is the soft one, when you’re on the very edge of being wrecked and you start to become pliant. When you begin to truly submit and give yourself to me. That one is like no other sound I’ve heard before. And when you make it just for me, I-” Sherlock stopped. “There are notes in you that I haven’t discovered yet. And I plan to pull them all from you, one at a time, until I make your body sing.”

Most “Holy crap, that’s wrong, even for you” story:

Haven’t hit that one yet. I’d like to get there though. But perhaps not with this series.  I haven’t gone nearly as dark as I could.

Story that shifted my own perceptions of the characters:

That is a hard one.  Maybe  Bespoke? I write John far more passively and unsure than he is often portrayed and in this one I definitely pushed that.  I wanted to explore the idea of being certain in some areas of life and completely lost in others. I thought I could attempt that with his character

Hardest story to write:

They’re all tiny Hells in their own way. I rewrote almost all of  Doctor in the Boot,   Bespoke,  and  Secondhand Smoke  from the ground up.  But actually I think the one I’m currently writing might be the biggest challenge so far.

Biggest Disappointment:

None really. Each story taught me something new and just the act of finishing and posting made each a success.

Biggest Surprise:

A Study in Frustration  was a pure Mugen bulletproof kink story.  I was surprised to learn that other people had similar fetishes. That was nice. :-)

Most Unintentionally Telling Story:

All of them? Now you know my kinks? Not sure how to answer that one. I suppose if I wanted to keep them a secret I shouldn’t have posted my stories...

Date: 2013-01-05 11:31 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pennswoods.livejournal.com
I absolutely love this meme and need to do it for art. Also, I need to re-read all your stories. Fanfic is just a delicious gift to those of us who love to read.

Date: 2013-01-05 08:42 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mugenmine.livejournal.com
You should definitely do it for art! That is a great idea! I would love to read it! Hopefully you will start a trend! I cna't wait for Three Patch btw, I'm dying to see what you all have put together! YAY! :-D

Date: 2013-01-05 08:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pennswoods.livejournal.com
I am so excited for Three Patch. It's been a lot of fun to do and a lot of work. I hope others enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed putting it together!

Date: 2013-01-05 01:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tenderly-wicked.livejournal.com
Yeah, learning that other people have similar fetishes is always nice :-)

Date: 2013-01-05 08:43 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mugenmine.livejournal.com
:-D You should do this meme wicked! It's really fun, and interesting to look back over the past year!

xoxox
YAY for shared fetishes! ;-)

Date: 2013-01-06 05:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tenderly-wicked.livejournal.com
The problem is, I'm now writing under two names, so I'm not sure if I should look back at all the fics I've written - or only at the "wicked" ones. I started this account to post my dark!John series and random stuff in English (the other one is in Russian). But now I'm getting more and more confused about where to place my fics :-) I thought that this LJ would be for shameless porn, and my first account would be for angsty stories... but sometimes it's hard to separate these two characteristics :-D

Date: 2013-01-07 03:52 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mugenmine.livejournal.com
Oh! I didn't realize you wrote under two pseudonyms! Porn and angst go well together I think! I'd love to read your angsty non-porn stories! :-D That is a hard one how to separate...

Date: 2013-01-07 10:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tenderly-wicked.livejournal.com
There's a link to AO3 on my Russian LJ, [livejournal.com profile] skadi_zlata. Perhaps I should have created a separate LJ account for my fannish stuff earlier, but I was so genuinely surprised to find myself writing something in a foreign language that I thought I'd only write a story or two. I was so naive :-)

Date: 2013-01-07 05:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mugenmine.livejournal.com
Lol I already have read some of your other stuff! Your slave me fic is one of my favorites!!! I didn't know that was you!!

Date: 2013-01-07 08:57 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] tenderly-wicked.livejournal.com
Glad to know you weren't disappointed :-)

Profile

mugenmine: (Default)
mugenmine

August 2021

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
222324 2526 2728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 6th, 2026 01:04 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios